Fantastic opportunity exists for a dynamic energetic Key Account Manager with min 5 years working experience within the wholesale retail distribution chain. Be part of a dynamic team that develops and supplies goods to the major retail groups. Understand trends and markets in order to deal with buyers and suppliers, anticipating client needs, and ensure products are developed and delivered to ensure clients success.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
• Resolving key client issues and complaints
• Developing a complete understanding of key account needs
• Anticipating key account changes and improvements
• Managing communications between key clients and internal teams
• Managing account team assigned to each client
• Strategic planning to improve client results
• Negotiating contracts with client and establishing timeline of performance
• Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
• Working with design, sales team, creative, advertising, logistics, managers, marketing, merchandising, warehousing, and team members from other departments dedicated to the meeting clients’ needs to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met
• Collaborating with sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
• Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
• Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
• Analysing client data to provide customer relationship management
• Expanding relationships and bringing in new clients
• Maintaining all client documentation and cohesive, up-to-date files, so as to have accurate, relevant, and readily available client focused data at all times
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Must have wholesale retail distribution Key Account Management experience with a major retail group
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
• Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
• Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field preferred
• Four to five years’ previous work experience in sales management, key account management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
• Intermediate computer skills, and experience with Customer-relationship management (CRM) software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
• Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
• Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
• Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
• Excellent team player; must be willing and able to work with and in other departments if necessary to ensure clients’ needs are being met. This may mean occasionally working in and with the warehouse to ensure orders are packed and out by deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Own transport, with valid driver’s license. Frequent store and client visits are expected.
• Some travel may be expected (depending on client).
Package & Remuneration
R25 000 to R30 000 plus commission depending on experience and qualifications