We seek a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of Finance Manager with one of our really amazing clients. Enjoy a very interesting and dynamic work environment.
The primary roles of this position are:
- To lead and manage the Finance Department (5 staff).
- To assist in producing and managing the client’s annual financial budget, carry out financial analyses and report on all financial transactions according to statutory requirements.
- To ensure all income is received and all payments are made according to the company’s and stakeholders’ policies.
- To manage the payroll, including provident fund and medical aid schemes.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Key Performance Areas (KPAs) for the position include strategic leadership, sustainability, service delivery and stakeholder enhancement. Key performance indicators include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Finance & Admin Executive to formulate, implement and track progress of the division’s annual operational plans.
- Assist the CEO, Division Executives and Heads of Department in developing organisation’s annual budget and other budget projections, based on the strategic business plan.
- Assist the Finance & Admin Executive to identify, assess, monitor, and manage all the organisation’s financial, payroll and procurement-related business risks.
- Maintain the organisation’s current standing with all mandated local tax and benefits registrations and requirements, including submissions of payments and reports and ensure that the organisation conducts its financial, payroll and procurement activities lawfully, ethically and in a socially responsible manner, adhering to all statutory requirements for a Ring-fenced, Non-Profit, Public Benefit Company.
- Assist the CEO and the Finance & Admin Executive in conducting regular reviews of the organisation’s financials and analyse all costs to ensure that the organisation is lean, whilst maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Produce detailed financial reports as required by the organisation’s funders and prepare and submit invoices to funders.
- Analyse all the organisation’s income and expenditure against forecasts in the annual budget; and monitor all the organisation’s departmental expenditure and overall company performance, timescales, cash flow and predict future trends.
- Produce and distribute monthly management account reports to all departments within the agreed time scales and provide accurate financial reports and interpret financial information for the Division Executives and Heads of Department.
- Monitor the organisation’s procurement processes and ensure that all procurement is carried out according to their policies.
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced on an accurate and timely basis to include bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors, and inter-company accounts.
- Manage the organisation’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems and develop financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk; whilst ensuring that their finance policies, procedures and systems are adhered to across all departments.
- Ensure that all Finance Department employees conform to and abide by the organisation’s occupational health and safety standards and policies and carry out regular evaluations of their performance.
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place to monitor the organisation’s finances and governance systems, including the audit requirements of grant makers, associated trusts and other stakeholders.
- Produce audited annual financial statements and associated financial reports to a standard that complies with all statutory requirements.
- Manage the organisation’s payroll system, provident fund and medical aid scheme and ensure that all payments are made to individuals, the South African Revenue Service, the Provident Fund and medical aid providers according to the organisation’s policies and to set timetables.
- Create a positive work environment in the finance department, conducive to attracting and retaining satisfied employees of the highest calibre.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders, e.g., auditors, bankers, funders, statutory organisations, etc.
- Provide the Finance & Admin Executive with the financial information and support needed to allow the organisation’s Board Members to perform their duties as directors of the organisation.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Tertiary degree in accounting, finance, or related field ESSENTIAL
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA) preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position, with NGO experience preferred.
- Computer literate and well versed in using financial and accounting software. Caseware essential and Sage 300 preferred.
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in South Africa and a working knowledge of all associated statutory legislation and regulations.
- Experience in managing goods and services procurement processes.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998,