Successful clothing manufacturer seeks an experienced Trims buyer who has a good understanding of the clothing industry, and has been involved in trims buying / the clothing industry for a minimum of 5 years. Work within a great team but be able to handle pressure dealing with production deadlines and suppliers. Source suppliers, Negotiate pricing and ensure quality and deadlines are met. Follow through to the issuing of trims and fabric to the factories and handle the administration that goes with that. Previous experience within the clothing industry is essential. Own car essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Update trims stock daily on Sync (ERP system)
- Monitor trims stock and ensure minimum levels in stock
- Re-ordering of stock
- Sourcing of all new trims
- Liaises and meet with suppliers as required (except during COVID – telephonic only)
- Ensure that each trims order is correctly and securely packed and documents attached ready for delivery to the factories
- Ensure that no order is released without the relevant trims unless authorised by the Production Manager.
- Trims related problems/queries to CMT’s to be timeously checked and resolved.
- Performs all necessary admin duties and filing
- Submit invoices timeously to Finance Department for payment to suppliers.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Clothing industry experience essential
- 5 years working experience of which at least 2 should be in a trims buying or similar role or part of their role
- MS Office – particularly Excel – reports are exported from Sync to Excel so it is vital that this person knows Excel at least at an intermediate level.
- Sync experience preferred
- Drivers license and own car essential.