Incredible opportunity exists for a diversely skilled administrator who has a passion for research projects. Be the support person to the Project managers within this dynamic research institute. With it being an academically focussed environment, you will need to have a minimum of a 3 year degree – Graduate plus 3 years work experience within a project co-ordinating role. The role requires someone who is extremely organised and administrative, who has the ability to manage finances within the projects and who has very strong written and verbal communication skills in order to build relationships with the various stakeholders and project teams, as well as being able to prepare communication for print / social media and handle event planning. This is an amazing opportunity for an all-rounder.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your project administration role will be to:
- Setup new project templates and ensure that contracts are signed and filed, with all details.
- Keep an up-to-date database of all ORI projects, track project timelines, deliverables, contractual obligations, and staff contracted to projects (including studentships, internships, etc.) and advise the project leaders timeously of any action that needs to be taken.
- Assist project leaders with administering project regulatory requirements, permit applications and renewals.
Your financial role will be to:
- Assist the organisation’s Financial Manager with monitoring the research project-related income and expenses, by keeping up-to-date records for each project and providing monthly financial statements to the project leaders, including extracting project financial records from the organisation’s accounting system and helping with financial reconciliations for all projects.
- Assist the Financial Manager with project-related financial audits, audit queries, equipment-related insurance, and other ad-hoc requests.
Your procurement role will be to:
- Assist project leaders with project-related procurement as required, such as sourcing quotations, getting purchase requisitions signed, placing orders, following up, ensuring deliveries are in good order before acceptance, and forwarding invoices and delivery notes to the Finance and Admin Division for processing.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Division with central supplier database maintenance, tender submissions, and the completion of standard bidding documents.
- Your stakeholder communication role will be to:
- Build relationships and liaise with the project and research-related stakeholders (funders, clients, service providers) and partner institutions (NGOs, universities, government departments, private companies, etc.) on behalf of the project leaders.
- Provide the interface between the project’s students and interns and their academic institutions, assisting with registrations, bursary claims and disbursements, examination submissions and the dissemination of postgraduate communications.
- Assist with sourcing, creating, and editing content for high quality science engagement, co-ordinating and preparing ORI staff/students for media opportunities/events, assisting with editing for print/social media for organisation, event planning, etc.
Your additional roles will include, but not be limited to:
- Minute-taking for monthly Research Committee meetings.
- Keeping records and a portfolio of evidence of the organisation’s research output and research-related key performance indicators.
- Assisting the Director in preparing monthly and annual research reports, and input into the organisation’s annual integrated report.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Minimum 3 year tertiary university degree ESSENTIAL
Minimum 3 years administrative work experience ESSENTIAL
Excellent communication skills: Verbal and written (some editorial experience, report writing, newsletters etc
Excellent people skills
Strong financial acumen
Strong organisational and problem solving skills
Excellent administrative skills in order to administer multiple research projects
Work experience within an academic or research institute an added advantage