Opportunity exists for a Senior bookkeeper / Financial accountant with PROPERTY industry experience and more importantly MDA software experience. Look after full set of accounts for large shopping centre as well as follow up on queries and deal with tenants from time to time. Report to the Managing Agents and ensure reports are accurate and up to date. Must live in the Upper Highway Area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and run full property rental system (MDA Property Management software essential) for Shopping Centre Mall (MRI experience acceptable)
- Loading of leases on rental system
- Assist with Tenant account reconcilliations and credit control
- Check G/L of Mall on a monthly basis and assist in preparations of the monthly financials by ensuring the following:
- Monthly contracts and municipal accounts have been paid and accrue where not paid
- Check that recoveries are raised for operational costs and utilities
- Liaise with Property/Portfolio Manager regarding accruals and projections
- Liaise with Property/Portfolio Manager on any anomalies relating to payments etc. in ledgers
- Check all monthly adjusting journals prepared by the Portfolio Accountant in respect of Mall
- Check all monthly accruals
- Loading of creditors and payments
- Daily and Weekly reconciliations & prepare all Variance reporting
- Full cashbook and receipting function
- Monthly Bank reconciliation
- Prepare projections for Mall, and prepare Projection commentary
- Analyse and Recon balance sheet accounts
- Check and Process all invoices for payment in line with the co owner requirements
- Follow-up on outstanding creditor contractual invoices and municipal accounts
- Query Contractual increases above budgeted figure
- Raise queries with Utility Managers in respect of council billings and accruals
- Update of tenancies on a monthly basis for utility companies
- Check monthly balance sheet recons
- Assist with budget preparation and capturing
- Managing petty cash and submitting monthly claims
- Upkeep of financial records for Audit purposes
- Calculation of annual increases in respect of Rates and Taxes, CID levies and other annual recovery adjustments where applicable.
- Calculation of monthly recoveries in respect of refuse, sewer, aircon and other recoveries where applicable
Desired Experience & Qualification
- MDA Property Management software essential
- BCom degree or similar
- At least 5 – 10 years working experience
- Experience in the property environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of financial reporting and accounting
- Ability to work accurately, Attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Advanced skills in IT – able to troubleshoot problems, and able to learn new programs easily. Must have initiative to work things out
Analytical, methodical, good forward planning, ability to meet deadlines’ accurate, strong personality, ability to deal with staff and tenants with strength and tact.
Able to get along with other staff members.
Must use initiative to solve problems.